Price: Click for Prices and Selection
Aquascape Generation 2 IonGen
Check out the new Aquascape Generation 2 IonGen™ which has all the features of the Generation 1 but is digital and has many enhanced features. This unit will drastically reduce pond maintenance and gives you a debris free water feature without the use of any chemicals. However, we recommend that you still need to use a natural beneficial bacteria product in your pond on a regular basis which benefits the fish and helps keep the water crystal clear.
• It eliminates unsightly water conditions and is simple to install.
• It is safe for fish and plants.
• Non toxic to animals that may drink from the pond
• It is energy efficient and uses less then $1 a month of electricity.
• It will treat ponds up to 25,000 gallons.
• Completely eliminates the need for algaecides!
New features on Generation 2:
• Outdoor weather proof control panel
• Easy to read digital display
• Indicator notifies you when probe needs to be replaced
• Durable quick to connect electrical connections
Probe new design features:
• Tool-free probe installation
• Angled probe helps deflect debris and reduce clogging
• Includes PVC fittings for 1″, 1.25″, 1.5″ and 2″
• Durable quick connect electrical connections
• Can be installed directly into the water feature plumbing or the Flow Chamber can be placed in an area with good circulation.
• How does it work?
The Aquascape IonGen™ releases a calculated mixture of copper, silver and zinc ions into the path of flowing water. The automatic control panel sends signals that slowly dissolve the replaceable metal probe. This unique combination of metal ions increases water quality, clarity and drastically reduces time consuming maintenance of debris on your waterfalls and rocks.
This product will reduce the time you spend treating your pond and removing algae and will save you the expense of additional products. You will still need to add bacteria to the pond water which works well with the IonGen.
EASY TO INSTALL
• The best time to install the Aquascape IonGen™ is after a complete clean out or after you have cleaned the debris from your falls and pond. We do recommend that you use the beneficial bacteria along with this device.
• Install the Aquascape IonGen flow chamber directly into the water feature flow chamber directly into the plumbing or hide the chamber underwater in an area with significant water flow such as the skimmer or Biofalls.
• We recommend you mount the unit.
• Then test the pond water with the included copper test strip and then set the ionization level. The higher the level you run the unit, the more probe you will use up. You can turn it up to get better performance but when the algae is under control, then turn it down to save the probe.
This product has been tested in the field and the results have been fantastic in reducing the maintenance of your feature.
• Easy to use digital control panel makes it simple to adjust the amount of ionization. Can be easily adjusted based on size of pond or water feature.
• Electronic indicator automatically notifies you when the probe needs replacing. The probe typically last 1 to 2 seasons depending on usage, quantity of water and water parameters of the water feature.
• Comes complete with electronic digital control panel, outdoor-rated transformer, multiple size fittings for PVC flow chamber with replaceable probe, copper test kit and owner’s manual. This product must be mounted on a support as it is not completely waterproof.
• The IonGen works in conjunction with existing biological filtration. The miniscule amounts of copper released will not harm fish or invertebrates.
• Installation placement – This unit will function placed any where water will pass through it.
• We do not recommend using DeChlor every time you top off your pond as it will affect the performance of the IonGen.
• Over winter, we recommend you unplug the control panel and store inside until spring.
• Larger ponds or ponds with poor water conditions may take longer for you to see results. We recommend that the best time to install is after a pond clean out in the spring.
SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING RESULTS WITH THE IONGEN™
• Make sure the control panel is working properly. Refer to manual about troubleshooting. Watch the videos that we have provided.
• Make sure the probe is receiving sufficient flow and make sure the probe is not clogged with debris.
• It is recommended that before installation, you remove all excess debris and algae from the feature.
(click link for) FAQ ABOUT THE IONGEN 2
See all of our pond algaecide products.